Software Engineer (remote)
Novity™, a commercial venture introduced by Xerox’s Palo Alto Research Center (PARC), brings advanced predictive maintenance (PdM) technology to the industrial manufacturing sector to reduce costly unplanned downtime. The Novity solution is an Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) technology that uses IIoT sensors and proprietary algorithms to enable industrial manufacturers to see the future health of their production assets. The Novity TruPrognostics™ engine relies on a combination of machine learning and physics-based models of equipment. This allows Novity to predict equipment failures with 90 percent or better accuracy and lead times of months, not weeks or days.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who will be responsible for maturing innovative predictive maintenance algorithms delivered by Novity scientists and the integration of such algorithms in a commercial SaaS platform for industrial applications. This position is a remote position with a preference for East Coast-based candidates.
The primary responsibility of the Software Engineer would be to ensure that models and algorithms developed by the R&D team meet or exceed stability, quality, and security objectives of the SaaS platform. To that end, the Software Engineer is expected to work closely with the R&D team in order to translate their specifications and algorithms into production code. The Software Engineer will also work closely with an offshore development team responsible for the development of the SaaS platform, ensuring that all QA and CI/CD goals are met before new algorithms are integrated into the commercial platform.
- Understand full software development lifecycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to software development and refinement, QA, testing, CI/CD, deployment, and maintenance
- Design and develop robust, maintainable cloud products with automated tests
- Work collaboratively with the research and product teams to integrate analytical algorithms and physics models into robust software solutions
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Basic understanding of cloud platforms (AWS)
- Basic experience with SQL databases
- Basic experience with network based communications
- A minimum of 2+ years of software development experience post school
- Proficiency in Python
- Solid development practices; attention to detail, design and quality
- Ability to write testable and maintainable code
- A desire to learn new technologies and concepts
- Communication, writing and organizational skills
- Knowledge of CI/CD and automated testing is a plus
This position is only open to applicants who are currently eligible to work in the United States.
Novity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Novity may request such accommodation(s).
© 2022 Novity, Inc. All rights reserved. Novity™ and TruPrognostics™ are trademarks of Novity in the United States and/or other countries